Goldwyn College recognise parents as partners and want to embed an ‘outward facing’ parent engagement strategy.
The Forum aims to seek the views of parents on college issues and future developments and develop a stronger home-college partnership with parents, carers and families. This will be achieved by creating informal sessions between the parent community, staff and the college Strategic Committee and governors.
Benefits to parents:
· Parents will have a greater understanding of the way in which the college operates
· Parents will have more information about their children's education and the quality of that education
· Parents will be able to contribute to the strategic direction of the college
· Parents will share in the vision for the college.
Benefits to the College:
· The college will develop a better understanding of the view and needs of parents and how they might address them
· Parents contribute time, ideas and skills, which complement the ideas, skills and expertise of the college staff, Strategic Committee and governors.
Ultimately, the Forum exists for the benefit of all our learners at the college. The improvement of learners learning should be the Forum’s clear and consistent goal. The Forum is a means to feed information from the college to parents and parents to the college. The Forum is not to be used for raising specific issues about individual learners or staff or to raise complaints. There are other processes in place at the college to address these.
The Head of College welcomes attendance of all parents, carers and family members. Members from the College Strategic Committee, governors and other members of staff are also invited to attend. Everyone will be invited to contribute.
Although Forum meetings are informal, there will be a structured agenda set by the Head of College in collaboration with parents, carers and families:
1. A welcome and introduction by a member of staff
2. Feedback on issues/action points from previous Forum as required
3. Agenda shared, focusing on specific focus for the Forum
4. Where we are now with focus
5. Opportunities for parents to discuss/generate ideas on focus
6. Feedback from parents, carers and family members
7. Vision of way to move forward/strategies discussed
8. Conclusion & suggestions for future Forum meetings (parents can also put forward agenda items by notifying the college via e-mail, or by letter)
Notes from meetings:
· Notes from meetings will be placed on the Parents' section of the college website
· Agendas will be posted on the website one week in advance and on parent notice boards/ college newsletters as appropriate
· The notes will form part of the College Strategic Committee agenda and be included in the college’s Learning and Inclusion report under parent voice
· Updates on progress of any issues will be fed back through newsletters and at the next Forum meeting.
Meetings will take place throughout, between 6 - 7 pm (TBC), in the conference room. Proposed Dates for 2019-2020 are:
· Tuesday 17th December 2019
· Wednesday 4th March 2020
· Thursday 2nd July 2020
We recently held an exhibition at Goldwyn, Ashford to celebrate some of the fantastic artwork tha ...