Goldwyn Folkestone Coffee Morning
Friday 25th January 2019 at 10am
A number of parents and carers, as well as our Safeguarding Governor Christina Sumpter, attended Goldwyn Folkestone’s first coffee morning on the 25th January 2019.
Helpful information was shared by all, which we hope will be beneficial to everyone that attended.
Items discussed included:
- Given that our pupils attend from all over Kent, the possibility of holding an event at a venue in Ashford that is accessible for all, to give other parents/carers an opportunity to join us.
- One parent kindly said that they would like to become more involved with Goldwyn; e.g. providing support, should we need, it on visits and trips as an escort. We would like to encourage this involvement.
- Post sixteen funding for children in care were also discussed as were driving lessons provided by the Local Authorities.
- Possible avenues for fundraising to enlarge our sports equipment and daily fruit were suggested by parents whom we are keen to follow up.
- What support and advice Goldwyn can provide e.g. signposting parents and carers to relevant staff or outside agencies.